Easy Lavender Drop CookiesEmail This Post
During this busy season, so many of us find ourselves getting a little ‘stressed out’. With the relaxing properties of Lavender, these three recipes incorporating Lavender as a flavouring, have a soothing effect for us on two levels—being a very tasty comfort food, and the natural herbal soothing effect.
Not only is lavender effective at calming fraying nerves, it is also effective in relieving tension headaches which a busy holiday season seems to effortlessly evoke. Try munching on Lavender Drop Cookies, Versatile Lavender Cookies, or Lavender Shortbread (these and other wonderful herbal recipes for homemade cheeses, herbal gifts, and much more are found in betweenclosefriends.com blog), with a hot cup of chamomile tea after a busy day to relax, regroup, and promote a restful sleep.
Easy Lavender Drop Cookies
½ cup sugar
¼ cup butter or margarine
1½ Lavender buds, crushed fine
1 cup flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp finely chopped fresh organic mint
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the softened butter and the sugar together.
- To the creamed sugar mixture add the crushed lavender and the egg, mixing well.
- Next, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together, blending thoroughly.
- Add the dried ingredients to the creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Gently fold the lemon zest and fresh chopped mint into the batter.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake your drop Lavender Cookies for approximately 10 minutes, being careful that they don’t burn. You need to watch them carefully to ensure that they are a light tan in colour, rather than a dark brown.
- Let cool, then package for a late night snack, or enjoy them warm, with a soothing cup of herbal tea, just before bedtime. Relax and enjoy this wonderful taste treat, and ‘dream a little dream’……..,
Tags: baking with lavender, baking with lemon, baking with mint, butter cookies, Christmas entertaining ideas, cooking with lavender, cooking with margarine, cooking with mint, easy lemon recipes, easy mint recipes, easy to make cookies, easy to make gifts, easy to make lavender cookies, entertaining for compliments, fresh mint cookies, gifts from the kitchen, holiday entertaining with flair, lavender buds, lavender cookie recipes, Lavender cookies, lavender drop cookies, lavender in the kitchen, lemon cookies, mint cookies, simple gifts from the kitchen, simple lavender recipes, simple to make cookies, unique baking ideas, unique cookies, unusual baking ideas