Versatile Lavender CookiesEmail This Post
These cookies are so versatile because they lend well to using other flavourings from your garden such as lemon, orange, mint or cinnamon, yielding an equally delicious treat. For an added visual and taste appeal, you can use a lavender-flavoured icing drizzled over top, coloured with a little purple food colouring. (Homemade Herbal tea blends, along with other wonderful recipes such as Tomato Ice Cream, Savory Cream Cheese, Boursin Cheeses, Cheddar Crisps, Dill Crackers, Yummy Lavender Shortbread, etc, are available at betweenclosefriends.com blog).
5/8 cups butter
1 beaten egg
½ cup sugar
1 T of dried lavender flowers
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together; then stir in the beaten egg, mixing well.
- Next,mix in the flour combined with the lavender flowers.
- Drop tablespoonful mounds of the lavender cookie batter onto a greased cookie sheet, spacing them about 2” apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm,fresh from the oven with your favourite herbal tea.
If you wish to further impress your company, serve your Lavender Cookies on a platter garnished with sprigs of lavender, mint or citrus zest curls. Or heighten your senses by icing some of these cookies with a fresh tasting lemon icing or a lavender flavoured icing to intensify the flavour and your enjoyment. So deliciously versatile!
Tags: baking with lavender, butter cookies, Christmas entertaining ideas, cookie recipes, cooking recipes for lavender, cooking with lavender, easy cookie recipes, easy recipes, edible lavender, entertaining ideas, favorite cookie recipes, gifts from your kitchen, grandmas favorite cookie recipes, Lavender cookies, lavender recipes, nostalgic cookie recipes, old fashioned cookie recipes, simple recipes, traditional cooking recipes, unique uses with lavender, uses for lavender, using lavender in cooking, using lavender in the kitchen