How to make a spicy Chai TeaEmail This Post
One of the teas that is gaining in popularity recently is Chai Tea. It is both nutritious and delicious, and is suprizingly simple to make at home. The gingerroot aids in digestion, with the cinnamon having an all-around ‘tonic’ effect, the cayenne pepper and cloves helps the metabolism, and the milk is soothing to both body and soul! Combined with a good quality black tea and honey (antibiotic properties), it is especially comforting and relaxing as a night beverage. Prepare with confidence, and enjoy! (For more healthy food and drink recipes, health tips, natural homemade makeup, hair care, etc recipes, go to the ‘Category’of betweenclosefriends.com)
Instruction to make your spicy Chai Tea
2” piece of fresh gingerroot
2 ½ ” length of cinnamon stick
2 cups of water
pinch of fresh grated black or cayenne pepper
¼ tsp ground cardamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 T loose-leaf black tea (the better the quality, the better the resulting Chai Tea)
2 cups of milk
honey to taste
- Finely grate the ginger knob into a saucepan. (freezing tip in Miscellaneous Category of betweenclosefriends.com)
- Break the cinnamon stick into smaller pieces, and also add it to the saucepan.
- Next, add the water to the saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining spices, bringing this mixture back to a boil. Once it starts to boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the tealeaves.
- Stir, cover, and let steep for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the milk.
- Return the saucepan to the stove, and heat through without boiling.
- When hot, strain your chai tea into cups, and serve with honey, if desired.
Tags: alternative drinks, alternative drinks for Christmas, alternative drinks for entertaining, black tea, cardamon, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, cloves, drinks Chinese, easy drinks, easy recipes, entertaining drinks, ginger root, ginger uses, gingerroot, healthy teas, homemade Chai tea, honey, how to make Chai Tea, milk, non alcoholic drinks for entertaining, party drinks, recipes Chinese, tea recipes, teas for health