How To Make the Best-Ever Beer Batter for Fluffy Fried FishEmail This Post
After years of searching for that perfect batter that produces the restaurant-quality deep-fried fish and tempera vegetables that we all enjoy so much, an Asian friend finally shared the secret with me. Here is that recipe for the Best Ever Beer Batter for Fluffy Fried Fish
2 eggs, separated
¾ c beer
1 T vegetable oil
1 c flour
½ tsp salt
1. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the egg yolks, beer, oil, flour and salt until smooth.
2. Let the batter stand 3-6 hours. (This is key)
3. When you are ready fry your fish or vegetables, in a separate small bowl beat the 2 egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the rested yolk batter.
5. Dip your fish or vegetables into flour, then into the batter, and fry in a hot oil until lightly browned. (For more recipes from a Homemade Orange Julius; Homemade Boursin cheese; Swirled Peppermint Brittle; herbal recipes, preparations; homemade holiday and hostess gift ideas; mocktails; spice combinations –such as Mignonette, Cajun, Asian Five Spice, German Mustard, etc– and so much more, check out the ‘category’ sections of betweenclosefriends.com)
This batter yields 2½ cups, and produces a very light, fluffy and crunchy coating.
Tags: beer recipes, best ever deep fried fish batter, best ever deep fry batter recipe, best ever deep frying batter, best frying batter recipe, deep fried fish batter recipe, deep fry batter recipe, deep frying batter, easy frying batter recipe, easy to make fish batter, fluffy fish batter, fried fish batter, frying batter recipe, how to make a beer batter for deep frying, how to make a fried fish batter, light and fluffy beer batter, simple frying batter recipe, simple to make fish batter